Warm up a chilled November night with candlelight and your favorite songs from Studio Ghibli composer Joe Hisaishi.
What to expect
A string quartet will take you on a journey through Studio Ghibli hits such as Howl’s Moving Castle, Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro, and Princess Mononoke. Take in the dreamy performances while being surrounded by candles.
There will be two shows on the day. One at 5 p.m. and one at 7:15 p.m. Each lasts for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Here are some of the songs expected to be played, but there will be plenty more:
- Kikujiro: “Summer”
- Kiki’s Delivery Service: “A Town with an Ocean View”
- Howl’s Moving Castle: “Merry Go Round of Life”
- Spirited Away: “One Summer’s Day”
- Laputa: Castle in the Sky: “Confessions in the Moonlight”
- My Neighbour Totoro: “The Wind Forest”
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind: “Fantasia”
Tickets start at ¥3,900 for seats the furthest away from the stage (Zone D) and get slightly more expensive the closer you get to the stage (¥4,900 for Zone C, ¥6,300 for Zone B, and ¥8,000 for Zone A).
How to get there
The performance will be held at Kyoto Concert Hall. It’s around a 4-minute walk from Kitayama Station. To get there from Kyoto Station, take the Karasuma Line for 15 minutes.Organizers may cancel events, alter schedules, or change admission requirements without notice. Always check official sites before heading to an event.