Warm up a chilly night before Christmas with candlelight and your favorite songs from Studio Ghibli composer Joe Hisaishi.
Check out more candlelight events in Osaka.
What to expect
A string quartet will take you on a journey through Studio Ghibli hits such as Howl’s Moving Castle, Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro, and Princess Mononoke. Take in the dreamy performances while being surrounded by candles.
Here are some of the songs expected to be played, but there will be plenty more:
- Kikujiro: “Summer”
- Kiki’s Delivery Service: “A Town with an Ocean View”
- Howl’s Moving Castle: “Merry Go Round of Life”
- Spirited Away: “One Summer’s Day”
- Laputa: Castle in the Sky: “Confessions in the Moonlight”
- My Neighbour Totoro: “The Wind Forest”
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind: “Fantasia”
Tickets start at ¥3,800 for seats the furthest away from the stage (Zone D) and get slightly more expensive the closer you get to the stage (¥4,400 for Zone C, ¥5,600 for Zone B, and ¥8,100 for Zone A).
How to get there
The performance will be held at Otsuki Nōgaku Theater. It’s around an 8-minute walk from Tanimachiyonchome Station. To get there from Higashi-Umeda Station, take the Tanimachi Line for 7 minutes.Organizers may cancel events, alter schedules, or change admission requirements without notice. Always check official sites before heading to an event.