One of the most famous landmarks in all of Japan, Osaka Castle is a reconstruction of the imposing castle that stood at the site until the close of the Edo period when it was burned to the ground. The castle now houses a museum which displays its history as well as the life of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
How to buy tickets
Although entry to the park and the area surrounding the castle is free, to go inside the actual castle you will need a ticket. The price for adults is ¥600; anyone who is of high school age and above is regarded as an adult. Make sure you don’t miss out and buy your tickets online in advance.
You also need to pay ¥200 to enter Nishinomaru Garden.
How to get there
The nearest station is Osakaji-koen Station which is on the JR Osaka Loop Line. You can also access Osaka Castle by taking the Route 62 city bus to Osaka Castle Otemae and Babamachi.
- Top 7 Picks for Osaka Winter Illuminations 2023–24
- Osaka in Autumn: 9 Places To Enjoy the Changing Leaves
- 10 of Japan's Most Impressive Castles
- 9 Ideas for Rainy Days in Osaka
- 8 Cherry-Picked Sakura Viewing Spots in Osaka
- Japan by Prefecture: The Kansai Region
- 4 Easy Day Trips from Kyoto
- Hitting the Highs in Japan's Kitchen: 10 Things to Do in Osaka
- 0.6 km from Osaka Business Park Station
- 0.8 km from Osakajō-kōen Station
- 0.9 km from Temmabashi Station